“There is a great deal of interest, including international interest, in syndicated block chain solutions. Together with our partners, we are creating the standards for a trustworthy and sovereign block chain in Germany and Europe,” says Kevin Wittek who, as Block Chain Research Group Leader, oversees the project at the Institute for Internet Security if(is).
TrustCerts is the only start-up involved in the creation of standards within the eco Blockchain Governance Framework (eBGF). The goal of the consortium, consisting of companies, blockchain users and experts, is a trustworthy and secure blockchain. In the future, it should establish itself as an instrument for trust services. Possible applications include the certification of documents or the assignment of time stamps.
Besides TrustCerts, the following partners have already agreed to participate in the creation of the eco Blockchain Governance Framework:
- esatus AG
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
- govdigital eG
- Institut für Internet-Sicherheit if(is) / Westfälische Hochschule
- Max-Planck Digital Library / Max-Planck-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften e.V.
- regio iT gesellschaft für informationstechnologie mbh
- eco Verband der Internetwirtschaft e.V.
The consortium is open to other companies who would like to become part of the network. Interested companies can obtain information about this from the working group via email@example.com.