A very concise optimization opportunity is the automation of business processes, especially when it comes to the preparation and signing of documents that are regularly used in your company. Electronic signatures make it child's play to create, personalize, then access and finally send especially recurring documents within a very short time, usually a matter of a few minutes. Obviously, this saves a lot of time that would otherwise be spent on document management, among other things, and is thus associated with an increase in efficiency.
In this article we will discuss how such automation works.
Automate workflows through digital signatures
First step: Preparation
In order to be able to determine in which work processes automation should be used, the respective steps of the current work processes must be analyzed. In this way, repetitive processes can be identified which are particularly suitable for automation. From this, the automation process can be approached.
Second step: preparation of the document to be signed
Now the digital document must be prepared, both in form and content, optimally it is always the same document, but variations are also no problem to simplify the workflow. Here, a PDF format is simply a good choice, which can be uploaded easily.
For this purpose, TrustCerts offers exhibitors a simple overview and an intuitive dashboard that makes it easy to handle the PDF document and the associated signatures.
Third step: Selecting the right e-signature
As explained in previous posts, e-signatures can be divided into three security levels:
- the simple electronic signature (EES),
- the advanced electronic signature (FES) and
- the qualified electronic signature (QES).
Accordingly, in order to maintain the workflow, it is therefore necessary to determine the appropriate signature for the document in question.
Fourth step: Determining the signing parties and inviting them to sign
The invitation of the contracting parties is sent by mail, and only the exhibitor needs an account, but the other parties do not.
So all participants are automatically called to sign with the mail in which there is a direct link. After the agreement can be signed. Within the program it is good for the issuer to see which of the parties has signed when. In addition, a signature alert can also be set up so that no time is lost here and the process remains as clear as possible.
Of course, the prompt email can also be customized to your company and its branding to be able to achieve the best possible external effect here.
Fifth step: The signature
In the last step of the workflow, the digital signature can be provided. Thus, the document can be downloaded and saved by the signers to have a version of the document themselves.
Examples of an individualized workflow with digital signatures
In order to give examples for an application of the automated workflow management, use cases and solutions are mentioned here.
A first example would be the signing of an employment contract:
- The type of contract must be made clear. Here it would be an employment contract, so the employers, the employee and, if applicable, the authorized signatories are involved in this process.
- Der Arbeitsvertrag wird von Ihnen vorbereitet, indem alle relevanten Daten in das Dokument eingefügt werden und dann hochgeladen wird.
- Subsequently, it is important to determine the signature level.
- After that, the signature requests can be sent to the signers by mail.
- The document is digitally signed by the parties, which makes the employment contract legally valid and results in an employment relationship. Following the process, the contract can be sent by mail or downloaded directly as often as desired.
This process is now complete and the next one can be tackled.
Another example is the rental contract, which involves a very important business process that can also be automated very well. One of the benefits comes from the fact that the parties no longer have to drive around to finally sign the contract. The work steps are:
- After the type of contract has been clarified, in this case a rental agreement, the persons involved in the process are identifiable: tenant and landlord.
- Before the lease can be uploaded, the respective information must be entered into the document.
- After that, the signature level must be determined.
- The subsequent process involves sending the signature requests by mail
- The digital signature is provided by the parties involved, which makes the lease legally effective. On it, the lease can be easily downloaded and saved by all parties as often as they wish.
Obviously, the work processes are very similar, even if different data is needed for the respective contracts. We will talk about the finer points of a rental agreement in more detail in another article.
As shown in this article, contracts and their processing can be digitized quite easily and thus also automated. Progress in the form of digital signatures offers a helping hand here. The implementation is - as we have seen - very simple.
To do this, however, you need to analyze your business processes in order to reap the benefits of integrating electronic signatures into your workflows. Your customers will thank you for the simplified process. You yourself will save costs, simplify your company's processes and be able to deliver better support or even improve your products.
All your work processes are thus optimized, saving time in your day-to-day business. The bottom line is that this increase in efficiency gives you more control over your competitive advantage. You will notice the difference very quickly after implementation, so what are you waiting for? If you would like more information, take a look at here or simply ask our team, who will be happy to help you.